(October 26, 2012) The streets surrounding Frisco Square and the George A. Purefoy Municipal Center will be closed Saturday morning, October 27, between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. for the annual Gary Burns Fun Run.
· Main Street will be closed between World Cup Way and John W. Elliot Drive;
· Frisco Street will be closed south of Technology Drive;
· and most streets in Frisco Square between Main Street and Burnham Street will be closed.
Through traffic on Main Street will be detoured around the race by using World Cup Way, Technology Drive and John W. Elliott Drive… view the map.
Frisco Public Library opens at 10 a.m., at which time the roads will be open. Before 10 a.m., the book drop-off and the parking garage behind the building can only be accessed from northbound Dallas Parkway by turning onto Page Street or from eastbound Main Street by turning south onto World Cup Way.
People going to the Senior Center at Frisco Square and the Frisco Heritage Center should use Cotton Gin Road or John W. Elliott Drive to access those facilities.
Race participants will park at FC Dallas Stadium. During the street closures, FC Dallas Stadium can be accessed on the facility’s west side via World Cup Way.
Two drop off locations have been established so that motorists can drop off passengers closer to the event… view the map.
· The west drop off point can be accessed from northbound Dallas Parkway by turning onto Page Street or from eastbound Main Street by turning south onto World Cup Way.
· The east drop off point can be accessed from westbound Main Street by turning left onto Frisco Square Boulevard.
During the event, spectators are reminded to stay on the sidewalks in Frisco Square as all of the roads are part of the race course.