Stonebrook Parkway Construction Update – July 1, 2014
The paving work between Preston and Parkwood is complete. Some work however remains to be done in this area, primarily in the medians. Traffic control will be required for this work, but will be limited in location and duration.
The city is projecting that all work east of DNT will be complete by the end of August. The city is projecting
that work west of the DNT will continue through February 2015. This work includes paving at the intersection of DNT and Stonebrook, and the addition of two more lanes to Stonebrook between DNT and Longhorn Trail.
Permanent improvements from this project include:
1. A large diameter transmission line to supply water to the growing west side of Frisco.
2. Three lanes in each direction on Stonebrook between Preston and Longhorn Trail.
3. A fully built-out intersection at DNT and Stonebrook, including full utilization of the bridge.
4. Improved intersection capacity at Stonebrook and Preston.
5. Improved intersection capacity at Stonebrook and Parkwood.
6. Roadway lighting along the length of Stonebrook (DNT to Preston).
7. Completed sidewalk along north and south side of Stonebrook, between Parkwood and DNT.
8. This project will be completed prior to completion of the Stonebrook connection beneath the railroad
that is under construction west of the DNT. When both of these roadways are completed, they will
provide a continuous six lane east-west route through Frisco. All work on both roads is expected
to be complete in early 2015.