The Stage 1 goal for water use reduction is two percent.
Lake Lavon or Lake Chapman fall below 65 percent capacity of NTMWD’s total conservation pool capacity.
See full list possible conditions
- To increase public awareness of potential drought or water emergency problems.
- To request all public and wholesale water customers to reduce water use.
- To continue the existing annual outdoor watering schedule and actions of the Water Efficiency Plan, unless the NTMWD initiates Stage 2
- To intensify efforts on leak detection and repair
- To notify major water users and work with them to achieve voluntary water use reductions.
- To reduce non-essential city government water use (practices may include street cleaning, vehicle washing, operation of ornamental fountains, etc.)
- To reduce city government water use for landscape irrigation.