The Office of the City Secretary processes State and Local Alcohol applications and permits to allow alcohol sales within the City of Frisco ensuring compliance with all local ordinances and regulations. The city’s process takes approximately five to seven working days. Applicants must first apply for a state permit through the TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION, and then route the application through the City and County. Since approval in 2002, beer and wine sales for off and on-premises consumption, as well as sales of mixed beverages for restaurants are allowed by permit and zoning.
On November 4, 2014, Frisco voters passed a measure allowing the City Council to approve an ordinance allowing restaurants with a Mixed Beverage (RM) permit to have Late Hours sales until 2:00 a.m. on any day. Businesses must apply for a Late Hours permit with the TEXAS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE COMMISSION (TABC) as well as the City of Frisco and comply with the notice and publication requirements of the State of Texas before being allowed to observe the Late Hours.
Obtaining A Local City Alcohol Permit
Pursuant to Section 11.38 of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, the City of Frisco is authorized to collect a fee for local city permits up to one-half of the state permit fee.
New permits must be submitted with the following information:
1. City of Frisco ANNUAL APPLICATION FOR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE PERMIT
2. Completed application from the TABC
3. Certificate of Occupancy Number issued by the City of Frisco
4. Required fees (fees are listed on the City of Frisco application)
*Incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Renewal Permits must be submitted with the following information:
1. City of Frisco APPLICATION FOR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE PERMIT
2. Copy of your current TABC license
3. Required Fees (fees are listed on the City of Frisco application)
*Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If you are holding a special event you may need to apply for a temporary permit. Before applying for your temporary alcohol permit, please check with the COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT to ensure that you have the correct permits. You will also need to check with the local TABC office listed below to ensure compliance.
Temporary Permits must be submitted with the following:
1. Completed CITY OF FRISCO VERIFICATION FOR DAILY TEMPORARY MIXED BEVERAGE PERMIT
2. Location map indicating where beverages will be served during the event
3. Permission letter from the property owner (if required)
4. Required fees ($25 a day)
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
2225 E. Randol Mill Road, Suite 200
Arlington, TX 76011
FAX (817) 607-2492