Fire Permit Guidelines
Permit Submittal Guidelines
To provide an efficient plan submittal and review process, the Frisco Fire Department Fire Prevention Office offers the below information as an understanding of the submittal procedures and requirements. The submitting contractor is responsible for complying with all local adopted codes, standards and amendments. These guidelines are only to assist in the submittal procedures and are not to be interpreted as containing all data, codes and standards required for proper system design and/or approval. Submittals require the completion of the
Permit Application. Plans will not be received without a completed application.
- Please do not send payment with submittals. You will be notified of the assessed permit amount once the plan review is complete.
- The installation shall be in accordance with the approved plans. Any deviation from the approved plans must be discussed and approved by the AHJ. Some changes will require a re-submittal to the Fire Prevention Office and an additional review fee will be assessed. Final approvals are subject to field inspections.
- Installation shall not begin without a plan approval.
- A permit shall be posted in a permanent location until the completion of the project. An approved set of stamped or signed plans shall be available on-site at all times for the inspector.
- Download the Permit Application (PDF) or go to Central Fire Administration during regular business hours.
Plans shall be submitted to the Fire Prevention Office:
Frisco Fire Department-Central Administration Attention: FPO-Plan Review 8601 Gary Burns Dr. PO Drawer 1100 Frisco, Texas 75034 Our goal is to provide a complete and accurate review within 10 to 14 business days for the first submittals and 5 to 7 business days for re-submittals.
An expedited review can be requested and every effort will be made to accommodate the request. The Fire Prevention Office will assess the complexity and size of the submittal system(s) to determine if the expedited review is applicable.