The City of Frisco accepts online payments using a debit or credit card. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit card transactions will be charged a 2% convenience fee. Please note that all debit card transactions will incur the same processing fees as credit card transactions (convenience fee and municipal transaction fee) when paid online.
Register: Meet & Greet Event
City of Frisco’s Utility Billing division will host a “Meet & Greet” for area Realtors, Property Management companies and HOAs leaders on April 22, 2020 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. This meeting will answer common questions regarding the City’s utility services offered, policies and procedures. Space is limited. Please RSVP by completing this form by April 13, 2020.
Utility Rate Increase Effective January 1
Frisco utility customers may notice new rates for water, sewer and solid waste services on January 2020 bills.
- Water rates will increase by 2%, including increasing the minimum residential bill from $18.04 to $18.40.
- Sewer rates will increase by 2%, including increasing the minimum residential bill from $25.44 to $25.95.
- Solid waste collection fees will increase from $14.50 to $15.00 (with like increases to the additional cart rate and the senior citizen rate). Commercial fees (commercial reload, replacement, and collection) will also increase by 3%.
The Frisco City Council approved these rate increases on September 17th, 2019 (see Ordinance No. 19-09-81) for residential and commercial utility accounts. For a detailed explanation, read the memo that accompanied the September ordinance’s approval.
Other Payment Methods
Payments can also be mailed, paid in person at City Hall, or automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account.
If you would like to drop off your payment after hours, please use the night drop box located behind the Frisco Public Library at 6101 Frisco Square Boulevard. These payments are picked up every weekday morning before 7:30 a.m.
Start / Change Service
All requests to connect, disconnect or transfer service must be in writing on the specified form. The Utility Billing division cannot accept any requests for service over the phone.
- Residential Application for New Service (PDF)
- Commercial Application for New Service (PDF)
- Application to Transfer or Disconnect Service (PDF)
- For after hours water and sewer emergencies, please call 972-292-5800.
- All partial leak credit requests must be in writing and accompanied by repair receipt documentation.
- If your trash or recycling is missed on your regular service day, please call Environmental Services as soon as possible at 972-292-5900. It is less likely the Waste Connections drivers will be able to return to an area if misses are reported several days afterwards.