Frisco has an appreciation for landscapes and the impact to the quality of life for the community. Landscape architects review landscape plans of parks, streetscapes, recreational areas, paths & trails, subdivisions, commercial developments, and other projects. Landscape architects review proposed landscape plans of commercial and non-commercial developments, including Tree Removal Permits, and mitigation (when required). Please contact a landscape architect at (972) 292-5352 or (972) 292-5351 if you have any questions.
Applications, Forms & Guides
- Approved Plant Materials List (PDF)
- Landscape Pattern Book (PDF)
- Landscape Requirements, Subsection 4.02, Page 122 (PDF)
- Landscape & Screening Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Landscape & Tree Protection Notes (PDF)
- Landscape Water Allowance (use calculator) (XLS)
- Screening Standards, Subsection 4.03, Page 135 (PDF)
- Street Trees (planting care, and maintenance (PDF)
- Tree Care (planting, care, and maintenance (PDF)
- Tree Preservation Requirements, Subsection 4.01, Pg 116 (PDF)
- Tree Removal Permit Application (PDF)
- Tree Surveys & Tree Preservation Plan Checklist (PDF)
Commercial properties and other developments must pass a required landscape (final) inspection prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy ('CO'). Re-inspection of a site's landscape is required one (1) year after the CO is issued. If you have any questions regarding an upcoming scheduled landscape inspection or Frisco's landscaping requirements, please contact a landscape architect at (972) 292-5352 or email.
Landscape requirements are in the Zoning Ordinance (2011), 11-04-09 (PDF), starting with Subsection 4.01. (Pages 116-139).
Note: Please contact Public Works at (972) 292-5800 for irrigation submittal requirements, permit fees, plan review status, and inspection requests.
Tree Removal & Mitigation
Native trees, shrubs, and other plants are components of the natural ecosystem of the north Texas area. Developers and other owners who remove protected trees are required to mitigate from an approved plant list.