Name a Park
The City of Frisco invites citizens to participate in the naming of Frisco Parks and Recreation parks, trails and facilities. Locations that are up for naming will be listed here along with deadlines.
Current Park & Trail Sites up for Naming Consideration
Submissions are currently closed. Names will be presented to City Council at the Nov. 2, 2020 meeting for approval.
Park & Trail Descriptions:
1. Located near the southwest corner of Preston at Eldorado, this is a 3.5-acre undeveloped site in a residential area. See map.
2. The "Frisco Square Park Site" is located in the southeast section of Frisco Square and is a 2.3 acre undeveloped site. See map.
3. Known as the "Gartner South Park Site," this 6.6-acre undeveloped site is located in The Grove residential development bordered by Independence Parkway and Main Street. See map.
4. Known as the "Hollyhock Park Site", this 3-acre undeveloped site is adjacent to a residential area, located at the southwest corner of Rockhill Parkway and Teel Parkway. See map.
5. Known as the "1135 Hike & Bike Trail," this developed, unpaved trail runs south and west of B.F. Phillips Sports Complex to Lewisville Lake at FM 423. Property along this trail totals 194 acres of restored wetlands. See map.
6. Known as the "Sonntag Trail Project," this linear, 114-acre site runs along Steward Creek from the future Grand Park site, westward to B.F. Phillips Sports Complex. See map.
How to propose a name for a park, trail, facility or facility asset:
2. Fill out and submit the online application form, or download a copy in PDF format. Printed applications may be mailed or hand-delivered to Frisco Parks & Recreation, Rick Wieland, 6726 Walnut Street Frisco, TX 75034, or emailed to Rick Wieland.
3. Email supporting documents (letters of support, articles, commendations, etc.) to Rick Wieland, Frisco Parks & Recreation Assistant Director, or mail/deliver to address above.
Applications that are complete (including any supporting documents) and submitted by the deadline will be considered by the Park Naming Committee. The Park Naming Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the City Council for approval.
The Park Naming Committee is comprised of:
- Parks & Recreation Board (two members)
- City Council (two members)
- Frisco Community Development Corporation (two members)
- Frisco Heritage Association (one member)
Need more information? Please email Rick Wieland or call 972-292-6500.