Closures, Cancellations & Special Hours
Extraordinary changes are required in City operations to help contain the spread of the Coronavirus or COVID-19 within our community. Many city facilities have closed or modified operations as a result of this declaration. Please continue to check back and monitor for updates.
Update: On June 2, the Frisco City Council amended its emergency ordinance to align with Governor Greg Abbott’s revised Executive Order and The Governor’s Report to ‘Open Texas’ which makes way for more business openings, increases capacities. For the Latest updates please visit the Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas webpage.
Frisco Facilities at a glance (May 19, 2020)
To learn more, access our Open Frisco, Open Texas web page where businesses will find information about expedited processes for city permitting to help any business that may need the assistance.
Public Meetings - Updated 5/27/20
- All City Board and Commission meetings are once again open to the public to attend. Please be sure to check the specific agenda to verify the meeting location as some of the regular meeting rooms may not accommodate the recommended social distancing guidelines.
Special Shopping Hours (Seniors or At-risk shoppers)
- Albertsons: 7-9 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday
- Aldi: 8:30-9:30 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Big Lots: Reserves the first hour daily (open daily at 9 a.m. except on Sundays at 10 a.m.)
- Costco: 8-9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Dollar General: Reserves the first hour daily
- Dollar Tree: Reserves the first hour daily
- Kroger: Adjusting store operating hours based on local circumstances.
- Market Street: 7 -9 a.m. every Mondays and Thursday
- Target: Reserves the first hour on Tuesdays and Wednesdays CVS in store will also be open during that time.
- Tom Thumb: "Golden Hours" 7-9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Walgreens: 8-9 a.m. every Tuesday
- Walmart: From March 24 - April 28, will host an hour-long senior shopping event every Tuesday for customers 60+ one hour before the store opens. Pharmacies and Vision Centers will also be open during this time.
- Whole Foods: Opening early at 7 a.m. daily for vulnerable shoppers
Please be sure to verify with your local store before going.
City Facility Closures (Updated June 22, 2020)
- Effective May 20, walk-up access to the following facilities at City Hall has resumed:
- All floors of Frisco City Hall, includes Utility Billing, Development Services
- The Contract Postal Unit /Toll Tags
- Collin County Vehicle Registration/Tax Office
- Public Works: In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Right of Way Division will continue with no walk-in services until further notice. Read more about how to process permits online.
- The Frisco Public Library opened at 50% capacity on June 4 with modified hours and services. Read full release
- The library will open its doors from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on M/T/TH/F/Sa. The facility will be closed Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Frisco Municipal Court Building (6865 Main Street) - Beginning May 20, will be open to the public with limitations on the number of customers and adjusted hours of operation.
- Adjusted hours of operations are Monday - Wednesday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for walk-in customers with a building limitation of no more than 10 customers.
- Court will be open Thursdays and Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for dockets and hearings for scheduled individuals with a limit of no more than 10 persons per hearing. The court will provide limited seating to comply with the Open Courts Provision of the Texas Constitution.
Parks and Recreation Facilities Update (as of June 16)
- The following parks and recreation facilities remain CLOSED:
- FAC Fun Club and Zone (FAC child care)
- Frisco Water Park and FAC Indoor Aquatic Center
- The Grove at Frisco Commons will remain closed through at least June 30 at which time the closure will be reassessed. The facility’s meal program will continue for members in need. Online classes and programs will be offered, as well.
- The Frisco Athletic Center -Fitness floor open with advance registration
- Summer Recreation Programs
- Class registration open with modified list of offerings.
- Swim lesson registration open
- Classes added throughout the summer.
City Program & Event Cancellations (Updated June 22, 2020)
- All city-sponsored special events will be suspended through May 30 at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- Birthday party scheduling, firefighter-led tours and scout visit scheduling at Frisco fire stations and Frisco Fire Safety Town has been temporarily suspended.
- The Frisco Police Department is suspending block party registrations until further notice.
- All city-run sports leagues, including youth organizations, will be suspended through May 31 for practice and play at which time the closure will be reassessed.
Other Closures (Updated June 22, 2020)
- Frisco Independent School District (FISD) all in-person classes suspended through end of 2019-20 school year.
- FC Dallas: Major League Soccer has extended the suspension of match play until at least June 8.
- National Soccer Hall of Fame is set to tentatively reopen on June 10.
- Update regarding the 2020 HOF Weekend Concert scheduled for September 19, 2020.
- National Video Game Museum is open.
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center is closed to the public until further notice.
- Kidzania is temporarily closed until further notice.
- Frisco RoughRiders start of season delayed indefinitely.
- Comerica Center has canceled/postponed all events until further notice.