Closures, Cancellations & Special Hours
Update: (March 27, 2020) The Frisco City Council approved an ordinance to extend an emergency declaration by Mayor Jeff Cheney through April 8.
(March 19, 2020) Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order on Thursday, March 19, effective through April 3. Mayor Jeff Cheney also amended his public health emergency declaration to align with Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order
Extraordinary changes are required in City operations to help contain the spread of the Coronavirus or COVID-19 within our community. Many city facilities have closed or modified operations as a result of this declaration. Please continue to check back and monitor for updates.
- All City Board and Commission meetings, with the exception of the Frisco City Council, Planning and Zoning, the Frisco Economic and Community Development Corporation boards and any other meeting required by law, will be postponed for the duration of the disaster declaration.
- All citizens are encouraged to watch City Council meetings online and submit comments of public interest or comments on agenda items electronically to the City of Frisco City Secretary Kristi Morrow at CitySec@FriscoTexas.gov
Special Senior Shopping Hours
- Dollar General: Will reserve the first hour daily for seniors
- Market Street: 7 -9 a.m. every Mondays and Thursday (as of 3/23/20)
- Target: 8-9 a.m. every Wednesday
- Walmart: From March 24 - April 28, will host an hour-long senior shopping event every Tuesday for customers 60 and older, one hour before the store opens. Pharmacies and Vision Centers will also be open during this time.
- Whole Foods: Opening at 7 a.m. daily for 60 and older
Public Transportation Update
City Facility Closures (Updated March 31 at 10:30 a.m.)
- Public Works: The Right-of-Way Division will no longer accept walk-in services through April 30, 2020 to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Read more about how to process permits online.
- Beginning Monday, March 23, the Frisco Municipal Court building is closed to the public for walk-in business on the recommendation of state and local officials during the current health crisis. Read more here.
- The Frisco Public Library will be closed through April 8 at which time the closure will be reassessed. Curbside and drive-thru pick-up service at the Frisco Public Library will be closed effective March 28 at 6 p.m. Online services will continue.
- The Grove at Frisco Commons will be closed through April 8 at which time the closure will be reassessed. The facility’s meal program will continue for members in need. Online classes and programs will be offered, as well.
- The Frisco Athletic Center will be closed through April 8 at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- City Parks and Recreation facilities, including ball fields, will be closed through April 8 at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- Dash’s Track Disc Golf Course
- Parks and trails will remain open for recreation using social distancing CDC guidelines of 6 feet.
- Playgrounds are closed at all Friso neighborhood parks, community parks and sports complexes.
- Ruff Range Dog Park and the skate park at Northeast Community Park are also closed.
- The Contract Postal Unit at City Hall is closed as of 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 19. The CPU will be closed through the 27th, at which time the closure will be reassessed. The collection box for USPS mail will not be available during this time frame.
City Program & Event Cancellations (Updated March 20 at 6 p.m.)
- Bulk and Yard Waste Collections Temporarily Stopped Beginning March 23 Due to COVID-19
- All city-sponsored special events will be suspended through April 8 at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- The following city events are also canceled:
- Aqua Egg Hunt, Frisco Athletic Center (originally March 28)
- Nature Eggsplorers: An Egg Hunt Event, Frisco Commons Park (originally April 4)
- Clean It & Green It (originally April 28)
- Birthday party scheduling, firefighter-led tours and scout visit scheduling at Frisco fire stations and Frisco Fire Safety Town has been temporarily suspended.
- All city-run sports leagues, including youth organizations, will be suspended through April 8 for practice and play at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- The Frisco Police Department is suspending block party registrations until further notice.
Other Closures (Updated March 20 at 7 p.m.)
- Frisco Independent School District (FISD) all in-person classes suspended through at least April 3 (March 18, 2020 at 5 p.m.)
- Collin County Judge issues executive order to suspend walk-in traffic at county buildings for as long as the county’s disaster declaration remains in effect.
- The order states that Collin County government offices will remain open for scheduled in-person appointments, as well as for business by phone, by mail, and online.
- FC Dallas: Major League Soccer has extended the suspension of match play with a target return date of May 10. (March 19, 2020 at 10 a.m.)
- National Soccer Hall of Fame is temporarily closed through April 14.
- Update regarding the 2020 HOF Weekend Concert scheduled for September 19, 2020.
- National Video Game Museum is closed until March 27 at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center is closed to the public from March 16 - March 27.
- Kidzania is temporarily closed until further notice.
- Frisco RoughRiders start of season delayed. Opening day TBD.
- Comerica Center has canceled all events through the end of March.
Other Postponed & Canceled Events (Updated March 16 at 4 p.m.)
- The 2020 Texas Pinball Festival has been canceled.
- Frisco Heritage Association: genealogy workshop postponed
- Cirque du Soleil OVO (scheduled for April 23-26) at Comerica Center has been canceled.
- Osher Lifelong Learning (OLLI) classes, hosted by University of North Texas (UNT) on Fridays, is canceled through April.
- Paddy Dash in Frisco Square (originally 3/21) - rescheduled to May 9.
- Hearts for Harper at Taychas Trail (originally 3/21) - rescheduled to 4/25.
- Arts in the Square (3/27 - 3/29) is canceled.
- Salvation Army Most Good 5K at The Star (originally 3/28) - rescheduled to 9/26.