Residential Recycling Services
Residential recycling is provided by Waste Connections. Curbside recycling is a once-a-week pick-up on the same as your trash day. Recyclables go in the 95-gallon blue collection cart. Please have your recyclables bagged to prevent litter during service.
For any questions or concerns please contact Frisco Environmental Services 972-292-5900.
Recycling is easy in the City of Frisco. Please follow these guidelines:
- Find your recycle and trash day here (PDF).
- Roll out your cart for service by 7 a.m. on your recycle and trash day.
- Place cart at least three (3) feet away from any obstacles.
- Place carts so handles face towards the house and the lid opens away from the street.
- Read directions on the lid.
- Place recyclable items, which are illustrated on the lid, in your cart -- not the trash.
- Secure all recycling in bags.
Don't Recycle List
Appliance/ Metal Recycling
Call 972-292-5900 or fill out the online form to schedule a Thursday pickup. Appointments must be made before noon on Wednesday to receive service within the same work week.
Place the item at your regular trash and recycling pickup location (alley or curbside) on your scheduled Thursday morning before 7 a.m. There will be a $15 charge added to your next utility bill for metal or appliance collection.
Items designated for this service include:
Old Appliances: stoves, washing machines, water tank heaters (Please note: Refrigerators, freezers, and water coolers must be tagged “Freon-free” by a certified technician or a $40 Freon extraction fee will be added to your next utility bill), Metal Grills, Basketball Poles (Must be unattached from a weighted base), and Lawnmowers (Must be free of gasoline and oil).
The items collected through this program are recycled.
- Remove contents (including plastic wrap, packing paper, and polystyrene foam)
- Flatten (cut if necessary)
- Place inside blue recycling cart
New Move-in Cardboard Recycling
As a one-time courtesy, new residents receive a alley/ curbside pick-up of cardboard moving boxes. To utilize this service please follow the guidelines below:
- Remove all contents from boxes.
- Cardboard must be flattened, tied, and bundled with strong, rope or twine into no more than 50 lbs each.
- Place out where your recycle and trash are regularly serviced before 7 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day.
- You may use assembled boxes to hold any packing paper, do not use plastic bags.
- No packing peanuts, Styrofoam, or trash will be accepted.
Curbside Yard Waste Collection
Your yard waste is "recycled" into compost by a separate program from either your trash or your recycling. Learn more about how to utilize this program here.